Date: Sunday, October 16, 2022
Time: 1pm to 4pm
Where: Iron Hill Museum- 1355 Old Baltimore Pike, Newark, DE 19702
Admission: $2 per child (adults and children under 3 years old are free)
Enjoy a day of harvest themed fun! Listen to our story teller, participate in scavenger hunts, enjoy fall themed crafts, make a corn husk doll, roast a marshmallow, and go on a hayride through Iron Hill Park.
- 1:30pm- Pumpkin Hunt (scavenger hunt for kids 5 years old and younger)
- 2pm & 3pm– Story Telling
- 2:30pm- Acorn Hunt (scavenger hunt for kids 6 years old to 10 years old)
- 3pm– Story Telling
NO RAIN DATE
Every month, the Museum & Science Center will have a program for families to enjoy a nature related topic. See below for our schedule.
- The program is included with the price of admission. Admission is $2 per person.
- Our open hours are 12pm until 4pm each Saturday. Each program is 20 minutes long throughout our open hours.
- All visitors are welcome to a small free gift from us as a thank you for visiting the Iron Hill Museum & Science Center.
October 15, 2022 – Wonders of Weather! (Meteorology)
What is Meteorology? Why should we study it? Studying the atmosphere can tell us a lot about what is in the sky above us, from clouds, to snow storms, to tornados, etc.. Explore how the water cycle forms clouds and has an impact on climate all over the world.
November 5, 2022- Native American Life (In Celebration of Native American Heritage Month)
Lenape and Nanticoke people have been living in the state of Delaware since the beginning. Traditionally they used the land, the sky, and water to get everything they needed in life. Join us to learn how the people adapted to the seasons, as well as learn a native game or two.
December 10, 2022- Space… A New Adventure Awaits (Astronomy)
Astronomy is a natural science that studies celestial objects and phenomena. It’s a science that does a lot of observing the skies, but it’s more than just star gazing. What is astronomy used for? What types of astronomy are there? Do you have a favorite constellation and/or planet? Let’s learn together about the sky beyond our backyards.
Toddler Time is a program for the Iron Hill Museum & Science Center! Each month, we are inviting all children ages 1-4 to learn about the world around them. Bring your babies out for a small walk, a story, and a craft to take home! Our science center also has coloring pages and wall magnets for sensory-friendly fun! Admission is $2 per person (children under 1 free for this program).
– Friday, 10/14/2022, at 2:30pm
– Saturday, 10/15/2022, at 11am
|Pearl the Raindrop: The Great Water Cycle Journey|
– Friday, 11/4/2022, at 2:30pm
– Saturday, 11/5/2022, at 11am
|Lily Goodpath Becomes the Bear|
– Friday, 12/9/2022, at 2:30pm
– Saturday, 12/10/2022 at 11am
|How Big is Your Brave|
Iron Hill Powwow 2022!!
2022 was a HUGE success! Please check our Powwow page for the update, as well as info for 2023.