According to Iron Hill’s historical records, the schoolhouse was built with two coat rooms; one for female students, and the other for male students. When entering the building, students would have walked through the entrance, and then into their designated coat room in order to store away objects not needed for class. Coat hooks were installed within the coat rooms as well. An original c.1923 coat hook remains in Iron Hill Museum’s collection, and can be seen in our display today. Additionally, a restroom was built within each coat room. A separate room was built within each coat room in order to provide space for separate restroom facilities. Overall, these facilities within the one room schoolhouse were considered to be a luxury c.1923.