Museum Naturalist Educator Position
Please send resume, cover letter, and three references to:
Iron Hill Museum & Science Center
1115 Robert L. Melson Lane
Newark, Delaware 19702
Or email email@example.com
Teacher Naturalist assist in delivery of environmental education lessons for school students, Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts, and the general public. Lessons may include field studies, outreach, seasonal programs, summer camps, or other activities and may be held inside or outdoors in all weather conditions. Scheduling is highly flexible and can include weekdays and weekends throughout the year. There is no minimum hourly requirement and hours will vary seasonally. Salary is $10 an hour. Training is provided. This is a part time hourly position.
- Teach environmental education lessons.
- Assist with program preparation and delivery of educational curriculum and activities, including summer camp.
- Provide a valuable educational experience for museum visitors.
- Maintain clean and orderly classrooms and museum exhibit areas.
- Attend appropriate instructor-training workshops.
- Promote Delaware Academy of Science mission, goals, activities, events, and membership.
- Teaching experience or experience working with children.
- Natural Sciences Knowledge.
- Ability to work effectively and productively as part of a team, as well as individually.
- Certification in First Aid and CPR, or willingness to obtain said certification.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work a schedule that meets the needs of the site.
- Satisfactory completion of a background investigation; this position may require annual background investigations.